Friday, June 11, 2010

New Direction

I can't seem to keep my mind on 1 goal in poker, I tend to just play till I get bored or move up and run bad then take a break. I've been playing some stud lately, Phil Helmuths book Play poker like the pros talks about it quite abit, it was pretty fun. But I moved from 5NL FR to 5NL 6max and was coached for free by royd_ragin abit but decided I need to make more money than that. I keep jumping in and out of PLO games, I kinda see how Isildur1 can run so hot, jump on the 1k tables and lose it all. They make me want to crazy gamble, I often move higher when I'm running good, and not when I'm stuck. I love PLO, its a fucking blast, but running bad in it can really suck. So I finally decided to cash out FTP and move over to stars and start playing 180s.

I played 41 of them today, and I know I can be beating them for at least %5 ROI after a month. I'm gonna dedicate my time to 180s until December, that way I can save up some money and really master them. I am going to do this most importantly through the help of Chris(I should just say you cause nobody else reads this thing, you know your cool when you only have 1 friend on the internet......), having loaned me a buck 70 being the most important initially, but sweating each other, reviewing hands, studying the charts are the added bonuses. I've being playing 6 tables which is probably my limit. It gets too difficult in the later stages, and spots were pointed out to me where I could have been more aggressive. As I become more familiar with this format then I can play more comfortably and focus on tougher spots.

Spots to work on
-Playing From The BB
-Coming Over the Top of Limpers
-Playing Against UTG Limps, and UTG Minraises
-Opening SB, BB & BTN Ranges Up
-Money Bubble Play
-Final Table Bubble Play
-Final Table Play & Accounting for ICM
-Playing Around Big Stacks

So far I have 2min cashes, and a 2nd which puts me $-10 over 41 games,
-7.2% ROI
7.3% In The Money

Woulda been nice to book a winning session, but I almost made it to the end so I have more of an idea on what I need to improve on and how things should start looking. The way I see it is paying $10s to learn how to win thousands, you'd be an idiot to turn that down.

On a side note I quit smoking on the 7th of June 2010 so it's nice to have something to take my mind off it. Also I plan on doing what so many poker players preach, get in shape, and eat right.
I'm gonna start exercising again, because I remember playing optimally when I was fit. I didn't tilt much, my mind was sharp, I want that back.


I don't want to proof read and its prob rambly but thats what the internets for. I'll keep updates coming on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment